We have an exciting volunteer opportunity to join #TeamHospice as a Fundraising Public Collections Volunteer!
In this role, you will assist the Fundraising team with the collection and distribution of blue boxes and counting the monies received. You will also support with other duties where needed.
Please note: all applicants must be over 18 to volunteer at the hospice and retail hub.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Visiting our Blue box supporters and collection/receipting the blue boxes per the receipting donations procedure.
- Leaving replacement blue boxes and returning the full boxes to the hospice.
- Counting, reconciling and banking the monies from the blue boxes in accordance with the cash handling policy and the recording process.
- Completing and sending “thank-you” template letters and certificates.
- Updating donor records.
- Contacting our supporters via telephone when needed.
- Other volunteering tasks as agreed and appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the role as required by the hospice
- To act as an ambassador of the hospice, maintaining honesty, integrity and trustworthiness
at all times.
- Comply with the Barnsley Hospice Code of Conduct.
- The post holder will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- The post holder will ensure that they are aware of and apply health and safety and fire
- The post holder will ensure that safeguarding procedures and relevant good practice
guidelines are followed at all times.
- The post holder is to ensure data protection is maintained at all times.
- The post holder will be flexible in terms of working hours in order to meet service needs.
What are we looking for?
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to adapt approach as required
- Team ethic and ability to work flexibly and effectively to support colleagues
- Approachable manner
- Compassion and empathy
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Experience of data input
We will require you to provide us with:
- Your up-to-date CV
- Covering letter
- Return these via email to email@example.com
Overview of our organisation
Barnsley Hospice is a charity that provides specialist palliative and end of life care to hundreds of local people and those close to them each year. Our main priority is to achieve the best possible quality of life for people living with a life-limiting illness, whilst supporting those close to them during the period of illness and bereavement. As a specialist care provider, the range of skills we offer include, pain and symptom management, emotional support and end of life care. The hospice currently employs about 100 people and has a team of volunteers, based both at the hospice and within our Retail Hub.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in all that we do and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQIA+ candidates and candidates with disabilities because we are committed to increasing the representation of these groups at Barnsley Hospice.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV, and the role that you are interested in, to the firstname.lastname@example.org.