Fundraising Community Events Volunteer
We have an exciting volunteer opportunity to join #TeamHospice as a Fundraising Community Events Volunteer!
In this role, you will assist the Fundraising team with the promotion and delivery of all hospice and supporter-led events in accordance with the hospice policies and procedures
Please note: all applicants must be over 18 to volunteer at the hospice and retail hub.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To support and assist the fundraising team on events throughout the year such as; Light up a life,
Tombola Stalls & Coffee Afternoons.
- To support the community and Barnsley Hospice in bag packing, donation days and collection events
at local supermarkets, shops and town centres.
- To support the fundraising team at Cheque Presentations.
- To assist the fundraising team on community talks to different groups across the region. (optional)
- Be fully compliant with the Fire Action Plan wherever they are attending
- To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the role as required by the Hospice
- To act as an ambassador of the hospice, maintaining honesty, integrity and trustworthiness at all
- Comply with the Barnsley Hospice Code of Conduct.
- The post holder will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- The post holder will ensure that they are aware of and apply health and safety and fire precautions.
- The postholder will ensure that safeguarding procedures and relevant good practice guidelines are
followed at all times.
- The post holder will be flexible in terms of working hours in order to meet service needs.
What are we looking for?
- Team ethic and able to work flexibly and effectively to support colleagues
- Able to use Initiative
- Able to work alone and part of a team
- Approachable manner
- Fun, Friendly / Personable
- Quick and eager to learn
- Compassion and empathy
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Events experience
We will require you to provide us with:
- Your up-to-date CV
- Covering letter
- Return these via email to email@example.com
Overview of our organisation
Barnsley Hospice is a charity that provides specialist palliative and end of life care to hundreds of local people and those close to them each year. Our main priority is to achieve the best possible quality of life for people living with a life-limiting illness, whilst supporting those close to them during the period of illness and bereavement. As a specialist care provider, the range of skills we offer include, pain and symptom management, emotional support and end of life care. The hospice currently employs about 100 people and has a team of volunteers, based both at the hospice and within our Retail Hub.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in all that we do and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQIA+ candidates and candidates with disabilities because we are committed to increasing the representation of these groups at Barnsley Hospice.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV, and the role that you are interested in, to the firstname.lastname@example.org