Barnsley Hospice has an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Assistant. As the Housekeeping Assistant, you will work within a team to deliver a high-quality housekeeping and laundry service across the hospice.
Key duties & responsibilities
1. To perform cleaning duties across the Hospice as set out in the daily cleaning schedules and monthly routines and incorporate any additional housekeeping requests as necessary.
2. Be responsible for working within all Health & Safety, COSHH and Infection Control polices to Work within Hospice procedures and health & safety guidelines to clean clinical and sanitary areas.
3. To keep accurate and up to date records of cleaning tasks and duties for audit purposes.
4. Undertake laundry tasks as necessary to ensure that sufficient linen and towels are available for the clinical and therapy teams.
5. To carry out deep disinfection cleans where necessary.
6. To work independently and without direct supervision on some shifts.
7. Help to train bank staff or volunteers as required
8. Providing cover for other team members as required.
Supplies and Security
1. Be responsible for the safe use of cleaning and laundry equipment and materials, reporting any defects to the Housekeeping Team Leader and/or Maintenance team.
2. Be responsible for security in unoccupied parts of the building ensuring that doors and windows are shut and locked at the end of a cleaning routine.
3. Be responsible for the security of cleaning supplies ensuring that products and equipment are locked away when not in use and returning keys to the key safe cupboard at the end of each shift.
4. Replenish soap, toilet rolls, paper towels and other supplies as necessary.
1. To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the role as required by the Hospice management.
2. To act as an ambassador of the Hospice, maintaining honesty, integrity and trustworthiness at all times.
3. The post holder will be expected to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
4. The post holder will ensure that they are aware of and apply health and safety and fire precautions.
5. The postholder will ensure that clinical risk management and safeguarding procedures and relevant good practice guidelines are followed at all times.
6. The post holder is to ensure data protection is maintained at all times.
7. The post holder will be flexible in terms of working hours in order to meet service needs.
8. The post holder will support the Hospice as required, across the range of his/her duties as appropriate within the grading of this post. In the context of rapid and ongoing change within the Hospice, the above responsibilities represent the current priorities and requirements for the post. These priorities will develop and evolve over time. Any significant changes will be the subject of full communication and consultation with the post holder.
Barnsley Hospice is a charity that provides specialist palliative and end of life care to hundreds of local people and those close to them each year. Our main priority is to achieve the best possible quality of life for patients with a life-limiting illness, whilst supporting their families, during the period of illness and bereavement. As a specialist care provider, the range of skills we offer include, pain and symptom management, emotional support and end of life care. The hospice currently employs about 100 people and has a team of volunteers, based both at the hospice and within our retail hub.
We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion in all that we do and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQIA+ candidates and candidates with disabilities because we are committed to increasing the representation of these groups at Barnsley Hospice.